Perspectives on violence
Five tips for school students who witness bullying behaviour:
1. Stay safe and never put yourself in danger. Only intervene if it is safe to do so.
2. If you feel it’s safe and you have support tell the person who is bullying to stop, that it’s not OK.
3. If the behaviour doesn’t stop, walk away – being part of the audience is being part of the problem.
4. Afterwards, talk to the student who was being bullied to make sure they’re OK.
5. Tell a teacher or other adult what you saw.