May 19, 2013
If the padlet visual does not load first time you may have to reload the page or try a different browser. Chrome seems to work fine.
March 11, 2013
At the start of the term we used ‘Wallwisher’, now called ‘Padlet’ to do some predicting about the book that was going to be our class serial. Check out our ideas and let us know which book you think we are reading.
February 27, 2013
Via is August’s older sister. We have just started reading the section of ‘Wonder’ where she is the narrator. Some of us are unsure whether we like the idea of different narrators. This is what we have learned so far about Via:
- she doesn’t get as much attention as August
- she loved her grandma with all her heart
- she was her grandma’s “everything”
- she doesn’t complain about the attention August receives but…
- she is very self-reliant, has strong self-management skills
- Via’s grandma understood that Via didn’t have the support that August had
- Via loves her brother – she practiced having a baby brother with a doll
- she gave kisses, hugs and cuddles to August all the time when he was a little baby
- after her visit to her grandma’s, on returning home, she saw both versions of August – she felt guilty/ashamed that she had felt disgusted by August