Grade 4/5/6

What is going on in Grade 4/5/6?

Final session of Water Safety program

Today we participated in our last Water Safety session at the Kyneton pool. The instructors divided us up into three multi-age groups. We did three activities: Boogie-boarding wearing fins, Sunsmart safety circuit and little games in the shallow pool.

It was a fun way to finish the program. We especially enjoyed being in groups with the Prep/1 students.

1. Awesome class picture!!!

2. Dear grade 5/6,
    I also enjoyed the boogie-boarding because you could go fast with the fins.

3. Good job guys 🙂 I can see my lil’ bro!

4. This looks like so much fun, especially since it’s almost summer time!! Our grade last year also had a required swim activity, which was a lot of laps and treading water. It was really fun to jump off the diving board on the last day of swim because those two weeks were really tiring but still fun.

5. I think a Water Safety course is a great idea! It seems really fun too! Last year our grade had a swimming unit in school – lots of laps and treading water but we got to jump off the (super high!) diving boards at the end so it was worth it. Hope you all had fun!

6. I love swimming! I think that all people, if given the choice, should learn to swim. Learning to swim is a good thing to learn, so one can swim with friends and family without fright.