Grade 4/5/6

What is going on in Grade 4/5/6?

Grade 5/6 camp – The ‘Ga Ga’ game

| 5 Comments

Ga Ga is a cool and fun game to play with a class or friends.

You play the game in a pit with some sand and a ga ga ball (medium sized rubber ball). You are not allowed to kick the ball, you can only hit it with an open hand. It is similar to dodgeball. The object is to eliminate others by hitting them with the ball below the knees. The last person is the winner.

Ga Ga is an active fun game to play.

1. When I went to camp in Minnesota I played this game. I love how this game is high energy and it involves a lot of running and thinking. I love playing this game with my friends at camp and when I went home I taught my friends from home how to play. I wish that you could play this game in something other than that very distinctive rink but it is still a great game to play with lots of your friends!

2. I like how you described the game, and how you said all the rules in an organized way. Good Job!

3. The Ga Ga Game seems very fun! I would like to play it sometime if I had the time. I have a few questions though. How big is the pit? Also, how many people makes a fun and challenging game? In some games if you have too few or too many people, it causes the game to become less interesting. Thank you!

4. I love ga ga ball. I went to a community camp on an island close to where I live. That is one of the things that I look forward to the most whenever I go. I think that it is really interesting how a game can get all over the world.

5. The game of Ga Ga sounds fun and if you had more players and more room to play in I reckon it would be even better. This is from Braydon in Australia at Mark Oliphant College.