Grade 4/5/6

What is going on in Grade 4/5/6?

Grade 5/6 camp – Canoeing

| 13 Comments

The first activity we did at camp was canoeing. It was at the river and there was a lot of islands and bridges. We wore PFDs (personal flotation device), helmets and used paddles.

First we went past a reedy point and we rafted up. Rafting up is when  the first canoe  grabs onto something solid then the other canoes grab onto the first canoe. We then went up a bit further and rafted up again.

Next we went under a bridge. We had to lay down  in the canoe so as not to hit our heads.  Then we played a game. It was tiggy. The front person tagged other canoes with their paddle, which made them “it’”. When it ended we all paddled back. Canoeing was really fun.

Have you ever been canoeing or kayaking?
What is your favourite water sport?

1. I really like the detailed explanation of your canoeing trip. You wrote it very descriptive, and made me want to go canoeing sometime! 🙂

2. Your trip sounds fun so far! As a Chandler 7th grader my camping trip was to the Colorado River here in the U.S so I wen’t canoeing too. What a coincidence! Haha, that game of tag or “tiggy” sounds very interesting. I hope that turned out better than a game of tag I played during my trip! The boys in another canoe were trying to tap our canoe with their paddle, but we were too far away and instead they tipped right over! Well, that’s enough about me, hope you guys continue to have a great camping trip!

3. Wow! That seems really fun! We went on trip to the Colorado River. We canoed down the river for four days. It was really tiring and hot. Sometimes we had to take a dip in the water. I’m glad you guys had fun.

4. Cool! That sounds like lots of fun! This year our class also had a trip to the Colorado River and we canoed down the rivers for hours. It was lots of fun! Thanks for sharing your experience at the river with us.

5. I think that canoeing is a great way to spend time in nature. I have gone canoeing three times and I think it’s a lot of fun. I have also gone kayaking five times and have had an awesome time every time. I personally love kayaking because, when you go out into the water and you are surrounded by sea life, it really immerses you into a whole new beautiful world. My favorite water sport happens to be swimming because of the thrill it gives when racing to the finish line and it’s also a nice change from being on dry land all the time. I hope you guys had a great time canoeing!

6. It looks like you all had a ton of fun! Our grade went canoeing/kayaking too, at the Colorado River, except we did different activities and mainly canoed to get from place to place as our schedules were full. It’s awesome that you got to relax. 🙂

7. Looks like fun. I went earlier this year with my grade, it was awesome.

8. I went canoeing this year, with my grade, down the Colorado River. Canoeing can be difficult but very fun. I have also been kayaking. Where did you go canoeing?

9. I think that going on a canoe trip is pretty cool. I wish that I could do something like that this summer.

10. You are really decriptive! I have never been canoeing before, but after you described what you can do, I realized I want to do it too! I hope you had a great time and made lots of new friends!

11. Wow, canoeing looks really fun!
    My favourite water sport is swimming.
    I haven’t been canoeing or kayaking before.